health & safety
In 2020 when we made the difficult decision to cancel camp we immediately started planning for summer 2021. With few answers to start with, we began a process of learning everything and preparing for anything. For the last year we have been focused on understanding what it takes to run camp safely during a pandemic. We are ready!
Our plan covers a multi-layer of strategies using best practices to keep COVID-19 outside of camp and being prepared to handle cases as necessary. We are working closely with the CDC, the American Camp Association (ACA), and our own team of experts to ensure a successful and safe summer. While we cannot guarantee a Covid-19 free season, we can guarantee an amazing summer for our campers!
Below you will find answers to many of your questions. However, we are learning more every day and the information below is based on what we know now. We will be regularly reviewing all policies and protocols and will continue to keep this page updated with the most important information.
Thank you to all of you for helping us prepare for this summer. In addition to working with experts, the conversations with all of you, your participation in our surveys, and the trust you have continued to show in us has been tremendous.
If you would like to discuss anything further, please contact me or any member of our team.
What is the Pinemere Bubble?
Will campers and staff leave for trips?
Will campers be in cohorts?
Will campers and staff be wearing masks?
What precautions will campers have to take prior to their arrival at camp and until arrival day?
What tests will my camper need to take on Arrival Day?
Will there be any further Testing after the Arrival Day Tests?
What are the Health Screening Procedures?
What will Opening Day and Closing Day look like?
What procedures are you taking with the staff?
Will there be a Visiting Day?
How will the presence of a vaccine affect our plans for Camp?
How will meals work?
What happens if my child tests positive for Covid-19?
What happens if someone tests positive in my child's bunk?
Is Camps refund/payment policy changing?
What is the path forward?
Can you give me a summary?
- Questions You Should Ask Your Camp Director about COVID-19 and Summer 2021 - American Camp Association
- Happy Campers: More Overnight Camps to Reopen this Summer - Associated Press
- Parents Rush To Enroll Kids In Limited-Capacity Summer Camps As Many Hope For Return To Normal - CBS
- Summer Camps are Quickly Filling Up - Wall Street Journal
- Study Shows Minimal COVID-19 Infections Among Children at Camps - Duke University
- COVID-19 Vaccination Priority: Get Camp Staff Vaccinated for Summer 2021 - American Camp Association
- Why Opening Windows is Key to Opening Schools - New York Times
- Reasons to be Cautiously Hopeful - BBC
- Helping Children and Families Cope with the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers - American Psychological Association (APA)
- Helping Children Cope with Coronavirus and Uncertainty - Harvard Graduate School of Education
- How Mindfulness Can Help During COVID-19 - Child Mind Institute
- Self-Care in the Time of Coronavirus - Child Mind Institute
- How to Foster Social and Emotional Learning While We're Social Distancing — University of Minnesota Extension
- Staying Connected to the Natural World During COVID-19 — Children & Nature Network.