PINEMERE CAMP FACILITY RENTAL
While the camp functions in its traditional role as a resident summer camp from the middle of June until the middle of August each season, its 180-acre facility is available for rental during the balance of the year. During the camp’s “off-season”, Pinemere can provide an ideal setting for retreats, reunions, meetings and all manners of gatherings. A site accredited by the American Camp Association awaits you.
THE FACILITIESPinemere offers residential living, program areas, meeting spaces, dining and other accommodations for its rental groups. The options depend mostly on the size of the group and the time of year for the event. The following facilities are listed with their specifics and availability, dependent on weather:
- JOHN BERNHEIMER CONFERENCE FACILITY – This facility provides two separate large rooms for residence and a Common space room for meeting. Each side is able to accommodate up to 24 persons (12 wooden bunk beds); has a full bathroom with three showers, sinks and toilets. The building also has a center common room, which can hold meetings for up to 30 people. It is equipped with a Kitchen and Dining area. August 25th through June 1st. Capacity is 48 persons
- HEALTH CENTER – This heated/air-conditioned building is used in the summer as the camp’s Infirmary. For off-season use, there are four private rooms which each have full-sized beds alongside private bathrooms with toilet, sink and shower/bath. This building also has a main room, small kitchen area and additional bathroom. August 25th through June 10th
- CHEF'S CABINS – This building is used in the summer as a Staff residence. For off-season use, there are 5 private rooms, each with a full-sized bed. A common space room also includes a washer & dryer for use, and 3 private bathrooms each with a sink, toilet and shower. May 15th through June 1st or August 25th through September 30th.
- LINE UNIT – Cabins used by our campers that have sleeping areas with bunk beds and shelves, bathrooms with toilets, sinks and showers and common areas, foyers and porches. Windows are screened with heavy canvas flaps to raise and lower. All cabins have full electricity. This unit has 8 cabins that are divided into 4 buildings. Each building can hold up to 10 persons (5 bunk beds per cabin). May 15th through June 1st or August 25th through September 30th. Capacity is 80 persons.
- ROW UNIT – Same as LINE UNIT. This unit has 8 cabins that are divided into 6 buildings. Each building can hold up to 10 persons (5 bunk beds per cabin). May 15th through June 1st or August 25th through September 30th. Capacity is 80 persons.
- HILLTOP UNIT – Same as LINE UNIT. This unit has 8 cabins that are divided into 4 buildings. Each building can hold up to 12 persons (6 bunk beds per cabin). May 15th through June 1st or August 25th through September 30th. Capacity is 96 persons.
- VINCENT FLOWERS DINING HALL – This building is used during the summer for our entire camp. With a very large dining room and commercial kitchen, it can accommodate any size group at camp. Meals are served family style, with tables of six to twelve. May 15th through June 1st or August 25th through September 30th.
- SOL LIPTON STAFF LOUNGE – This large room has seating and accommodations for meetings and gatherings, with access to television & wifi. May 15th through June 1st or August 25th through September 30th.
- REC HALL & DELL – A very large building that can be used for meetings, gatherings, productions and more. It is equipped with a full stage, lighting and sound. The Dell is an outdoor seating area with benches that has a shared stage with the Rec Hall. May 15th through June 1st or August 25th through September 30th.
- ARTS & CRAFTS BUILDING – Can be used for meetings or for respective activity area when properly staffed. May 15th through June 1st or August 25th through September 30th.
- CHAPEL – Outdoor seating area with benches that faces an enclosed podium area. May 15th through June 1st or August 25th through September 30th.
- ROBERT H. MINER FIELD HOUSE – Very large gymnasium with full athletic facilities, including basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer and hockey. It has six basketball baskets, scoreboard and equipment room, as well as two restrooms. August 25th through June 10th (weather permitting).
- BOATING, BEACH & SWIMMING POOL – These Waterfront areas are available only in warm weather, and must be staffed with certified Lifeguards. There is a 9- acre lake for canoeing, kayaks, paddelboards and more, and a ½-Olympicsized pool with lanes and diving area. May 15th through June 1st or August 25th through September 30th
- ATHLETIC FIELDS, BASKETBALL, HOCKEY, TENNIS, GA-GA & VOLLEYBALL COURTS – These outdoor areas are available for use. These include softball, lacrosse and soccer fields, 1 lighted outdoor basketball court, 3 lighted tennis courts, and sand volleyball courts. August 25th through June 10th.
FOOD SERVICEAs part of a group’s rental of Pinemere, the camp provides a wonderful food service that can be catered to each group’s individual needs. As has been the tradition for many years, Pinemere is a kosher camp. Following ancient Jewish dietary laws, the food service maintains these guidelines throughout the year regardless of the group’s own affiliation.
Our standard service includes breakfast, lunch & dinner. Pinemere will work with each group to set a menu based on the group's needs for their rental. Menus will be set two-weeks before any rental and all allergies & dietary needs will be provided to Pinemere ahead of time so that all needs can be met.
Pinemere works directly with a Kosher Caterer to fill needs above the standard food service provided by Pinemere's onsite team. Menus and pricing can be set to accommodate any needs by the group.
Due to allergies and maintaining a Kosher camp we ask that no food items be brought along to camp unless the Camp’s Associate Director has given special permission.
Meals are served in our Dining Hall in late spring and early fall, and in the Bernheimer Kitchen for the remainder of the year.
ATHLETICS & EQUIPMENTPinemere Camp’s facilities offer a great opportunity to enjoy a variety of athletics, all within the same area. With basketball, soccer, hockey, tennis, lacrosse, volleyball and more at your fingertips, a group can enjoy a wide variety of fun. There are areas both indoors and outdoors to enjoy these pastimes, and Pinemere can provide all necessary equipment. We ask that all items be requested prior to arrival, and that all materials be returned as instructed.
One of Pinemere’s finest facilities is the Robert H. Miner Field House. This large indoors athletic and program facility can accommodate almost any activity. The Field House has 6 basketball baskets, two that are adjustable, volleyball nets, hockey goals, indoor soccer goals and more. The Field House is available year-round for groups.
Our site has a private 9-acre lake and ½-sized-Olympic Swimming Pool available when weather permits. The lake offers canoing, paddleboards & kayaks. These areas are open only when made available by the camp’s Director and staffed by certified staff. There is a daily fee to use the Waterfront areas; this includes both the Lake , Pool and staffing for these areas. Pinemere will provide the Lifeguard staff. Staff is necessary at both the lake and pool, without exception.
When waterfront areas are provided during a group’s stay, it is imperative that all group participants follow the explicit guidelines set forth by the camp’s staff. This includes the use of PFDs (Personal Flotation Device) in all watercraft and other such rules. If any problems should occur, the staff reserves the right to dismiss any persons from the area in the interest of safety.
STAFF & PROGRAM
All groups are responsible for their own staffing needs. This means that each group must either provide the necessary staff for their rental, or they must compensate Pinemere for doing so for them. Pinemere will only supply staff necessary for food service and programming, not for overall supervision
Each group must have at least one adult supervisor/staff person for every ten participants if these participants are under the age of 18 (a different ratio may apply for younger children – please consult Pinemere’s staff.) Staff also must be placed in the appropriate areas to reside with the group.
Pinemere staff can be provided for use in Waterfront areas and other programs, such as athletics or Adventure. These options may be more limited during the winter months, but groups should inquire as to availability. Otherwise, Pinemere’s staff will be supplied at no charge for all food service and maintenance needs.
Pinemere asks that all schedules for groups be provided previous to arrival. If any items or special provisions are needed, please indicate so as soon as possible. Pinemere staff will supervise the overall program in respect to safety and needs, but will not infringe upon the activities in any way. The camp’s intention is to help make the stay at Pinemere as wonderful as it can be, without interruption.
All rates are based on a specific group’s needs in respect to size, length of stay, food service, program and staff. Rates will be reasonable, but must be based on no less than 20 participants, including staff. For typical weekend retreats/Shabbaton, Pinemere will usually charge between $60.00 and $100.00 per person. This includes residence, basic facility use and five meals. All staff will be charged at the same rate as participants, unless specifically excluded. If individuals will not be staying for the duration of a group’s reservation, unless approved by the camp’s Director, they will still be charged the full rate for that group.
In order to reserve the facility, a Facility Agreement will be signed by the group and emailed back to camp along with an initial deposit (amount to be determined in the Facility Agreement). No less than two weeks prior to the start of a reservation contract, Pinemere must receive payment for the full balance due. If this payment is not received, reservations will not be held. Groups will not be able to remain at camp unless the balance payment has been made.
Rates for 2022-2023 are:
Daily Rate: $25 per person
Overnight Rate: $15 per person
Meal: $9 per meal, per person
Waterfront Usage: $750 per day